Rescue Diver with Dayo Scuba, Orlando, Florida
As your diving skills develop, and your in-water comfort level increases you may need to be able to assist fellow divers should they get into difficulty. The Rescue Diver course is the next logical step in your dive education to deal with scuba emergencies as they arise. throughout the class a series of in-water skills, drills and rescue scenarios are demonstrated and practiced.
This class is a must for all divers, and best of all, you will have lots of fun doing it, by rising to scuba diving challenges and mastering them. It is both a rewarding and demanding course, but one of the best you will undertake in your diving career.
There are two parts to our Rescue Course, the academics and the "wet" portion.
* The academics are done at home from your Rescue Manual, and you will watched a detailed DVD. The manual and DVD set are well structured, and a very informative learning tools, and excellent alternative to multiple day or evening lectures. Afterwards you will meet with your Instructor and do a full review of all the academics, and do a multiple choice written test.
* For the wet training, we typically do two days in the water (a pool/confined session, then a day in open water), and a series of vital skills such as:
Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
Scuba accident management
Rescuing panicked divers (above and below the water)
Use of scuba related emergency equipment
Swimming and non-swimming assists
Missing diver procedures
Surfacing the unconscious diver
In-water artificial respiration
Various exits with unconscious/injured diver
First aid procedures for diving related accidents
Dive accident scenarios.
Note: this is not a fully inclusive list, just an overview!
After successful completion of your academics, and the required skills, you will awarded your certification as a Rescue Diver.
Schedule and Course Fees:
For scheduling we run both private & public Rescue Classes. For Private (1 person) and Semi-private (2 people) classes we organize the 2 days diving around your schedule.
For the public classes we run 1-2 Rescue classes per month, over a weekend (Friday & Saturday). Check out our calendar and schedule of available dates by click here.
Click here for Prices
Our course fee includes educational materials, your dive training, certification card, and photos (above and below water). What not included is gear hire, gas fills, food, lodging, dive site fees & transportation. Dive site fees range from $6-$10, depending on site.
You will need to have your own basic gear: (mask, fins, booties, snorkel), knife/cutting device, liftbag, pocket mask, basic first aid kit and a signaling device(SMB). BCD, regulator, wetsuit and weights are available for rental; at a reduced cost for alumni.
A note on our Rescue Classes:
* You must be at least 15 years old to receive a rescue Diver certification, there is no maximum age. Those aged 10-14 can enroll in the Junior rescue Diver certification.
* We typically do a pool/confined session on the first day, and follow it up with a day in open water (spring or lake) practicing scenarios. Ocean sites are difficult to train rescue courses in.
* You must have a current first aid certificate (within the last 2 years) to enroll in the rescue class, if you do not have one, we can teach this class concurrently with your Rescue Course.