First Aid certification gives you the tools you need to perform CPR and basic First Aid. Whether you're a diver or a non-diver, this course prepares you to properly handle potentially life-threatening situations. By learning a series of emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment, your enjoyable experience will give you the confidence to help in any emergency.
What it is:
This comprehensive hands on program is composed of academic material (theory) and practical sessions that teach you simple, easy to remember CPR, First Aid and Basic Life Support techniques.
Agencies we teach for:
SDI (CPROX AED)
SDI CPROX1st AED Administrator:
This course is a Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, emergency Oxygen administration, First Aid and AED combined into one program. It is designed to teach divers the proper techniques to safely administer CPR, O2, correct First Aid and utilize and AED in emergency situations.
See Prices Page
This includes: educational materials, first aid/CPR training and certification card.
What the course entails:
Our First Aid course goes through the steps needed to effectively respond to the most common emergency situations where someone has been injured.
How we teach it:
There are two parts, the academics and the "hands on" section. No "wet" days!
* The academics are done at home from your first aid manual, and you will watch a DVD showing emergency scenarios and helpful step-by-step demonstrations of the skills you will practice later on with an instructor.
* For the practical training, we typically do an afternoon/evening, consisting of a series of vital skills:
· Basic techniques to assist in control of bleeding, care for burns, shock, hypothermia and heat stroke
· Assessment and management of accident scenes
· Activating EMS
· Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
· AED (automated external defibrillator) use
· Basic Life Support, CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
· Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
Note: this is not a fully inclusive list, just a quick overview!
After successful completion of your academics, and the required skills, you will awarded your First Aid certification.
* There us no age requirement for the First Aid course.
Minimum # of students per class:
We need 2 or more people to make a First Aid Class; private, one-on-one classes can be organized for a separate fee.
How many people are in each class?
Our First Aid classes range in size, from 2-6 students. We always have two Instructors on site, to assure personal attention and fun, and usually some extra help too (Divemasters and Instructors in training).
Schedule/Timing for Course:
We train all the time, and have multiple instructors on staff, many full time, so we do weekday and weekend classes.
Call us or check out our Calendar
for dates of upcoming courses.
How long does the course take?
Usually we complete the academic review and hands on section in 4-5 hours, an morning, afternoon or evening.
Where we do our course:
We use the Dayo Training Centre to do the First Aid course.
Prerequisites for Course:
* Before participating in the First Aid course, you will be asked to fill out some standard liability forms.
* You don’t have to be a diver to do this course!
What you can do afterwards:
* Have the confidence and skills to manage emergency situations effectively, properly use the appropriate equipment to help you do this, and render First Aid and CPR if necessary.
* Further your rescue diver training by enrolling in the Rescue Course
* Further your non-diving education with Care for Children courses, and specialist O2 Provider courses
* Current First Aid certification is a prerequisite for all professional (Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor) ratings, and to earn a Rescue Diver certification.
Email/Call us or Sign Up Online